Scholarship Bulletin Board
The Financial Aid Office is periodically contacted by outside parties regarding scholarship opportunities. They will be posted here and updated regularly.
You can also use tools like www.fastweb.com to search for national scholarships. You should always maximize the amount of free money you use to pay for college before borrowing. Keep in mind national scholarships are much more competitive and often times much harder to attain than local scholarships. Even though the awarded amounts on national scholarships may be higher, you most likely have a better chance of getting a scholarship from a local business or organization.
The John Randolph Foundation
The John Randolph Foundation offers several nursing scholarships for residents of Hopewell, Prince George, Enon, Chester, Petersburg, Colonial Heights, Dinwiddie, Sussex, Surry, Charles City and Varina.
Access their list of scholarships here: http://johnrandolphfoundation.org/scholarships/
Alpha Delta Nu – Nursing Honor Society
SCHS School of Nursing is chartered as the Alpha Epsilon Chapter of the Organization for Associate Degree Nursing (OADN) Alpha Delta Nu Honor Society. The objective of the Alpha Delta Nu Nursing Honor Society is to recognize the academic excellence of students in the study of Associate Degree Nursing. The Society encourages the pursuit of advance degrees in the profession of nursing as well as continuing education as a life-long professional responsibility. Further information about the honor society can be obtained by contacting the Program Director.
Lambda Nu Honor Society
Lambda Nu is the national honor society for the radiological and imaging sciences. The objectives are to foster academic scholarship at the highest academic levels, promote research and investigation in the radiological and imaging sciences, and recognize exemplary scholarship. The chapter at SCHS College is the Virginia Omega Chapter. Students who have achieved academic honors are eligible for membership in the honor society. For more information contact your Program Director.
Jeans for Joan Scholarship
In honor of Joan Brooker Pollard, Librarian with The Pollard library (formerly known as the Southside Regional Center Medical Library) at Southside College of Health Sciences from 1985 until her passing in 2021.
- This scholarship will be awarded twice a year (spring semester graduate and summer semester graduate). The scholarship amount will be based on the amount in the fund at award time. The scholarship will be awarded to an applicant that meets all the following eligibility requirements.
- Applicants must be in there next to last semester of their program for payment towards their last semester (DMS 3rd semester, RAD 4th Semester, NURS 210).
- Applicants complete and provide proof of two community services within their time at SCHS.
- Applicants must complete and submit an essay.
- Programmatic cumulative grade point average (GPA) will be considered.
- Recommendations from program director, faculty, and clinical preceptors will be considered.
Two pages typed following APA guidelines
The essay must describe the following:
- What important knowledge have you gained specific to nursing/radiography/sonography.
- Provide a clinical experience that allowed you to utilize the knowledge you have gained from this program.
- What community service projects you choose, how it related to your profession and what you got out of it.
Keep Going Forward Scholarships
keepgoingforward.org is an organization founded to increase opportunity and foster connection by fundraising for disadvantaged youth, advocating for sustainable, ethical travel, and amplifying other philanthropic organizations.
Check https://www.keepgoingforward.org/scholarships to explore scholarship opportunities.
Discover student loans Scholarship award Sweepstakes
- 12 monthly opportunities to enter to win a $5,000 scholarship
- Easy registration form - no essays, no report cards required
- Open to high school seniors, undergrad students, and parents
- Must be enrolled at least half-time in a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree program within one year of winner notification
For more information please visit: https://scholarship.collegecovered.com
The Citizens Scholarship application gives students a chance to win:
- $2,500 monthly and quarterly prizes
- $15,000 annual grand prize
- Easy application - No essays, no report cards required
- Open to high school seniors, undergrad & grad students, and parents
For more information please visit: www.citizensbank.com/scholarship
Wellness Warriors Scholarship
- One $500 award
- Application Deadline: July 1st, 2023
- Winner Announced: August 1st, 2023
Taking care of yourself includes practicing proper eating habits, exercising frequently, learning how to best manage stress, and making sure to create a healthy balance in everyday life. All of these things can be difficult to do while in college. Though challenging, maintaining personal wellness can help college students excel. The Wellness Warriors Scholarship will support a student who strives to be physically and mentally well, despite the challenges in their life.
- Student is mindful of their personal wellness and strives to maintain their physical and mental wellness
- High school senior, undergraduate student, or graduate student
- Current U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident
- Essay topic: What are some ways you manage your personal wellness while attending college? How does maintaining your personal wellness help you succeed as a student?
For more information please visit: https://bold.org/scholarships/wellness-warriors-scholarship/
Jobtest.org Career Search Scholarship
- One $1,000 award
- Application Deadline July 1st, 2023
- Winner announced August 1st, 2023
Your career has a huge impact on your life, and yet it isn’t always easy to find a career that is personally fulfilling. The Career Search Scholarship seeks to support a student who is educating themselves and exploring potential careers that align with their goals.
- Student is exploring future careers that will bring them fulfillment
- High school senior, undergraduate student, graduate student
- Current U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident
- Essay topic: What potential careers are you currently exploring or planning to explore while in college? Why do you believe these potential careers will bring you fulfillment?
For more information please visit: https://www.jobtest.org/scholarship
American Association of Colleges of Nursing
The AACN is a great resource for accessing a variety of scholarships geared toward nursing students.
For more information please visit: https://www.aacnnursing.org/Students/Financial-Aid
This bulletin board is for informational purposes only, SCHS does not endorse or affiliate with these scholarships.
*NEVER supply bank information when applying for a scholarship.