BOOK ADVANCE AMOUNTS
The amount of the Book Advance is dictated by student’s enrollment status for the semester and will not exceed any credit balance for the semester. The student will receive no more than the amounts above. The published book advance is only applicable for that award year.
The Office of Financial Aid evaluates Book Advance eligibility criteria prior to each Semester. Students must meet the following eligibility criteria to receive a Book Advance.
- Enrolled in the upcoming semester
- Student must have a current academic year Federal Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA must be applicable within the academic year.
- Awarded Federal Pell Grant
Book Advances will be posted to the student account (i.e. Students Ledger Card) no earlier than ten (10) days prior to the start of the Payment Period, and no later than seven (7) days after the Payment Period begins.
Upon posting the Book Advance to the student account, the Bursar will process the student funds to the student. The student will receive the funds in the account designated in the Direct Deposit form. Otherwise a check will be mailed to the student’s address provided in the Campus Nexus system.
The Book Advance is considered a financial obligation, is not considered additional funds and is subject to certain restriction.
The student is responsible for full and immediate repayment of the Book Advance to the college if any of the following occur:
- It is later determined that the student was not eligible
- The student does not begin attendance
- If the student withdraws
- If the student’s Title IV eligibility changes to ineligible for financial aid