Southside College of Health Sciences (SCHS) has applied for and has received Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF), authorized by Section 18004 of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.

Per federal requirements, SCHS acknowledges and assures that it has used, or intends to use, no less than 50% of the HEERF received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.

Students must meet the following eligibility requirements to receive HEERF funds: (1) eligible to receive Title IV Funds, (2) enrolled in course(s) during the Spring 2020 Semester and (3) experienced financial hardship or incurred expense as a result of the disruption of SCHS on-campus operations due to COVID-19 as of March 13, 2020. Eligible expenses include items such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, childcare, etc. as included in the student’s Cost of Attendance. SCHS Students must apply for CARES Act HEERF Funds.

Please note that the Department of Education (ED) continues to publish guidance regarding HEERF both for institutions and students.  These funds may be taxable.  SCHS is required to report certain information to the ED regarding recipients and the amount awarded and disbursed.  Students can obtain further information here or contact the Financial Aid Office for additional information.

 SCHS allocation of Total (Student and Institutional) HEERF  $137,088
 HEERF received from the U.S. Department of Education (ED) for       Emergency Financial Aid Grants for Students  $68,544
 Actual HEERF amount disbursed to Students  $71,482
 Estimated number of students eligible to receive HEERF  138
 Actual number of students who received HEERF  58

SCHS calculated HEERF disbursements based on the student’s Federal Pell Grant eligibility. Students who were Federal Pell Grant eligible received a HEERF disbursement for $1,532, while Non-Federal Pell Grant eligible students received a HEERF disbursement for $1,021. All student HEERF disbursements were posted on the student ledger card as of August 24, 2020. Students were issued stipends as a result of the HEERF disbursements on August 24 and August 25, 2020.

SCHS disbursed $71,482 (52.1%) to students. The remaining $65,606 (47.9%) was disbursed to SCHS as Institutional funds. SCHS has expended all HEERF monies received, and this report is final. SCHS did not receive HEERF II or HEERF III funds.

The following table displays Institutional expenditures.



2021 Total
 Campus Safety and Operations  Web cams, headsets,   temperature scans, masks,   sanitizing stations, additional   cleaning, and disinfecting   services  $13,801.43  $12,891.92  $26,693.35
 Purchasing, leasing, or renting   additional equipment or software   to enable distance learning, or   upgrading campus wi-fi access or   extending open networks to   parking lots or public spaces, etc.  Virtual reality lab equipment   and software  $-  $38,912.65  $38,912.65
 Total    $13,804.43  $51,804.57  $65,606.00




Quarter Ending 9/30/2020 Expenditure Report

Quarter Ending 12/31/2020 Expenditure Report

Quarter Ending 3/31/2021 Expenditure Report

Quarter Ending 6/30/2021 Expenditure Report

Quarter Ending 9/30/2021 Expenditure Report

Quarter Ending 12/31/2021 Expenditure Report

Need Tech Help?

Need Tech Help?

Start A Chat

New Chat