General Education Requirements
- High school diploma or GED (General Equivalency Diploma)
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program (e.g. ACEN, CCNE, NLN) leading to an associate degree or hospital diploma
- Completion of college courses below from an accredited institution with “C” or better and minimum 2.5 GPA (Grade Point Average).
- Anatomy & Physiology I (w/lab) – 4 credits
- Anatomy & Physiology II (w/lab) – 4 credits
- Microbiology (w/lab) – 4 credits
- Chemistry (w/lab) – 4 credits
- Nutrition – 3 credits
- English Composition I – 3 credits
- English Composition II – 3 credits
- Intro / General Psychology – 3 credits
- Developmental Psychology – 3 credits
- Statistics – 3 credits
- Sociology – 3 credits
- Fine Arts – 3 credits
- Humanities – 3 credits
- Ethics – 3 credits
Total number of transfer credits – 46 credits
- Unrestricted registered nursing license in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Two (2) professional recommendation questionnaires; one must be from an employer or faculty member.
- Attend an Information Session prior to the application deadline. Click here for dates and more information.
- Applicants who are not a U.S. citizen by birth must provide immigration or citizenship documentation. The school does not participate in the SEVIS program.
- Negative complete criminal history and child protective screens.
- Negative drug screen.